Cali-RAD welcomes attendees with disabilities, and we are happy to help with any accommodation needed. We are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure attendees have access to all goods and services, regardless of ability.
Our ADA department has finite resources and needs to focus these resources on helping those who legitimately require assistance.
Disabled attendees wishing to utilize some of the accessibility services at the event will be required to wear an ADA Wristband. This wristband is acquired onsite at check-in. There is not an “ADA ticket” that is needed to be purchased in order to utilize accessibility services.
- ADA Wristbands are good for the entire event
- One (1) ADA Companion Wristband will be issued per ADA patron.
- Additional Wristbands may be issued for families with young children.
- If a disabled attendee wants to switch his/her companion, a new ADA Companion Wristband can be exchanged for the old wristband at check-in.
We encourage patrons with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Please note that we will not be renting mobility devices onsite.
Separate ADA Parking will be available for attendees with valid Disabled Person Parking placard, permit or license plate, as well as the applicable proof that it belongs to them.
Enter main venue – security will direct you.
To utilize ADA Parking, you must have:
- Disabled Person Parking placard, permit or license plate.
- DMV-issued documentation that accompanies the Disabled Person Parking placard, permit or license, and corresponding ID.
- Documentation will be verified by law enforcement.
- The person to whom the placard, permit or license plate is issued in the vehicle.
It is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required credentials or to fraudulently use credentials in order to gain access to Accessible Parking.
Elevated platforms for ADA attendees and companions who may need to see above the crowd. ADA Wristband required.
- Companions may be asked to stand if capacity is reached.
- Attendees are not allowed to save spots.
Service animals are permitted throughout the event.
- NO emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals.
- Pets are not allowed and will be turned away.
- Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials.
- Service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered.
- If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations (which may need to be verified).
Additional Service Requests
We will consider any request by an attendee with a disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the attendee equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
We welcome and encourage any feedback and suggestions from our attendees. Please email us at email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.